Barnwell and the S.E. Compact

A number of questions have come up in my discussions with
people here.  Are there anymore legal steps that must be taken
for S.C. to procede?  Does the U.S. Congress have to ratify
changes to the Compact?  Can S.C. legally exclude N.C.
without entering into another compact?  I don't see how the
lack of progress provisions of the LLWPA can be applied
by a go it alone state.  Is S.C. planning to enter into
another compact?  We are just trying to gauge the long term
availability of Barnwell.  Any speculation?

Dale E.Boyce
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu