Barnwell Permits

As the members of this list are well aware, Barnwell will open it's
site to radioactive waste generators in "most" states outside the
South East Compact (with the exception, at least temporarily, of NC).

You may also know that the South Carolina Waste Transport Permits
(WTP) will increase in price as of July 1st : Class-X = $1500
(until 7/1/95 = $750) and Class-Y= $200 (until 7/1/95 = $75).

According to the SC Dept. of Health & Environmental Control, any
radioactive waste generator who sends in an application for a WTP
prior to July 1, 1995 will be able to obtain that permit at the
present rate.  This is true for generators outside the South East
Compact as well as inside.

So, if you intend to send radioactive waste to Barnwell Waste
Management within the next year, you may wish to obtain your WTP right
now.

If you have any questions concerning this, please feel free to call or
e-mail me or contsct SC DHEC.  If you would like to get a WTP sent to
you overnight and SC DHEC can't respond quickly enough, I am very
close to their offices and can overnight the application to you (at
your expense). Call me or e-mail me at your convenience, although Ia
call might be quicker as I only check my e-mail about once per day.

--
David A. Wise
dwise@freenet.scri.fsu.edu

Niether this transmission nor its' contents represent the views,
positions or attitudes of my employer(s).