Re: Attn. Boston Area Rad Professionals

John,

It is my understanding that a licensee may transfer exempt quantities
to a non-licensed company IF they do not charge for the material.
If someone charges for the material, then they must possess a license
to distribute exempt quantities.  Let me know if this is not the
case.  We haven't had the situation come up except in discussions
with our regulatory folk.  In discussions over how we treated exempt
quantities internally, we were told that we could do this if the
situation arose.

Dale E. Boyce
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu