ALIs

Hello Again,

Thanks to all for the ALI information.

As I understand the consensus:

1)  If I'm going to use ALI to back calculate a whole body dose, I WILL
need to correct for the 30-odd % of the material that was immediately
exhaled.  This is based on the fact that the "intake" starts at the
"lips and nose."

2)  If I calculate a "time 0" body burden, and then determine a whole
body dose (using ICRP, MIRD, whatever), then this value would NOT be
corrected for immediate exhalation (as it doesn't bear on the dose
problem).  Here "uptake" has to occur for a significant dose to be
delivered.

3)  It is likely that the two systems of measurement will disagree, due
to assumptions inherent in each scheme.

Again, thanks for the help.

Jim Barnes, CHP
RSO
Rocketdyne Division, Rockwell International