Re: training for shipping/manifesting

>I had a conversation with a shipper of rad waste (from a nuc plant) that
>said  I would need HM126F training/certificate to manifest/label/ship by
> a DOT approved carrier rad material to Barnwell, SC.  I'm curious about
>not using a broker.
>
>1. Is this true?

Probably.

>2. Were is this defined if true?

49 CFR 171.8 defines a hazmat employee, specifically someone who directly
affects transporation safety of hazardous materials in the regular course of
their job.

49 CFR 172.700-704 defines the training to be provided to hazmat employees
(HM-126F).

>3. If I want to ship to Barnwell, SC are there any other training
>requirements to do so and were do I get that training?(If needed).

Dunno about shipping to Barnwell, but I bet you can either demonstrate that
you know enough to meet the training requirements of HM-126F or you can go
to a local training provider (it would be a community college here in
Colorado) and get a one-day HM-126F class that will probably not meet the
strict requirement of HM-126F (which is that the trzining be specific to the
task at hand...).

Hope this helps.

John

*John DeLaHunt, EH&S      * 1125 Glen Avenue          *
*The Colorado College     * Colorado Springs, CO 80905*
*jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu* VOX:  (719)389-6678       *
*        Owner:           * FAX:  (719)635-3177       *
*hazmat-l@cc.colorado.edu *                           *
***********This message is hereby disclaimed***********