Radiopharmaceuticals and Breastfeeding

The May 1995 issue of the European Journal of Nuclear Medicine (1995; 22: BP17)
 contains a statement from the European Association for Nuclear Medicine
(authors Harding LK, Bossuyt A, Pellet S, Reiners c, and Talbot JN) entitled
"Recommendations for Nuclear Medicine Physicians Regarding Breastfeeding
Mothers."  This succinct summary is quite useful, but contains one
recommendation that may be overcautious.  Specifically, the article recommends
that breastfeeding is contraindicated in women who receive Tl-201 chloride.
Several months ago, I was prompted to look into the available literature while
obtaining measurements of breast milk activity in a breastfeeding patient who
had received Tl-201.  The information I uncovered at that time (including that
provided by Michael Stabin at Oak Ridge) suggested that interruption of
breastfeeding for about 48 hours was sufficient with usual doses of Tl-201.
Does anyone know of specific data to the contrary?
Barry A. Siegel, M.D.
Division of Nuclear Medicine
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
510 S. Kingshighway Blvd.