ISO Standards

Greetings all,

We are in the throes of starting the conversion to ISO Standards from ANSI,
MilStd, MilSpec, etc.  Currently the activity is concentrated in our
production/QA areas, but sooner or later I suspect that we will become
involved in the process.

For those who may have already done this conversion in radiation protection,
does the shift from ANSI, NRC, DOE-based specifications to ISO Standards
involve any major changes in approach on a daily program level?  If so, what
are the significant changes in practice that we should anticipate as we move
into an ISO world.

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Rocketdyne Division, Rockwell International