Re: Radioactive waste information

>I understand that this message may be beyond the scope of this group, but I
>am interested in finding internet sources for information regarding
>radioactive and nuclear waste statistics and/or data for the United States.
>Included in this request, but not limited, are the sources and amounts of
>nuclear waste production and disposal, and current and future plans/programs
>for nuclear waste management programs.  I have exhausted DOE for information
>and am looking for additional sources.  If someone could please e-mail me
>with this or any similar information, I would be obliged.
>
>Frank J. Chesky III

I can suggest a few sources:
     1) NRC effluent reports have a section for Low-level waste disposal.
     2) Brookhaven NL compiles the same sort of information every once in a
while.
     3) Some state Departments of Rad. Protection, etc. compile this
information (here in Connecticut it's          called the Annual Low-Level
Radioactive Waste Report...You should be able to get a copy through
         the State of Connecticut, Department of Environmental Protection,
Monitoring and Radiation Division,          79 Elm Street, Hartford, CT
 06106-5127.

Hope this helps,
Art LaMan
lamanae@aol.com