Patient Dose Rates

     I have been asked to calculate the external (gamma) dose rate from
     patients following a wide variety of nuclear medicine procedures.
     While there is a large amount of data, and methodology, to calculate
     organ and/or patient doses, I cannot find much data about the dose
     rate from them that others might be exposed to. (There is some limited
     data in NCRP 37, but it considers everything as a point source and
     neglects attenuation within the patient's body.)

     Has anyone done actual dose rate measurements on patients after
     nuclear medicine procedures? Is this data readily available anywhere?

     *  Steven D. Rima, CHP                             *
     *  Vice President, ES&H                            *
     *  RI-TECH, Inc.                                   *
     *  sdrima@sandia.gov                               *
     *  "Standard disclaimer stuff..."                  *