Date: Wed, 12 Jul 95 04:04:02 -0500
Sender: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
From: John Goldsmith <gjohn@bgumail.bgu.ac.il>
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Guidelines for Protection of Pregnant Nurses

     A graduate student ( a nurse in our hospital ) has
asked me some questions with which radsafers may be able to help.
Given  that nurses caring for patients getting radiotherapy  with
137Cs,  routinely wear film badges, is there any circumstance  in
which   radiation  exposure  could  occur  which  would   justify
therapeutic abortion?
               John Goldsmith <gjohn@bgumail.bgu.ac.il>