Re: Iodinated Proteins

Alex, when I was a protein biochemist/cellular biologist in a previous life, we
used to iodinate proteins for binding studies or gel electrophoresis.  The NaI
solutions were VERY dangerous for the volatilization of the I apparently pH
dependent.  I believe that low pH was dangerous.  Once the iodine was attached
to protein, things settled down drastically and the I was considered stable.
You might consider verifying with protein biochemists at your location.

paul charp  (pcharp@america.net)