Re: Iodinated Proteins

>Does anyone have any personal experience working with iodinated (I-125)
>proteins?
>
>I am interested in how volatile these are compared to NaI solution. Personal
>experience or references will be appreciated.

Alex,

I agree that protein-bound iodine is non-volatile. However, if the protocol
does not include a purification step to obtain labelled protein free from
unbound iodine, you must of course take the presence of the latter into
account.

Best regards,

Colette Tremblay
Recherches en sciences de la vie et de la santé
Pavillon Charles-Eugène-Marchand
Université Laval Québec QC
Canada  G1K 7P4
Tél: (418)656-2893