Re: LLRW disposal in Australia?

>Dear Australian Radsafers,
>
>Could any of you give me some information as to how one might dispose of LLRW
>in Western or South Australia?  The waste would be microcurie quantities of
>Co-60.  I am particularly interested in what government agency sanctions
>disposal and if one must/should use a broker to handle the waste.  Can RAM
>used in WA be sent to Queensland for disposal, if a site does not exist in WA?
>Any information you can throw my way is appreciated.
>
>Jeff Pettigrew

Jeff (and rest of list): I'll send a detailed response tomorrow if no-one
else makes a posting on this.  I've got 2 lectures to give today as well as
a meeting!

Michael Williamson                              ph +61 7 3365 4504
Radiation Protection Adviser                    fax +61 7 3365 1577
Occupational Health and Safety Unit             yes, that is an 8 digit phone
University of Queensland                        number.  We've just
switched
Brisbane 4072                                   in this state.
Australia