Re: Solubility

Filtration is, of course, a pretty common activity in the power reactor
industry.  Fundamentally, it should work on a smaller scale.  Be VERY
CAREFUL, however, that you are dealing only with a radiological
contaminant.  If you have any hazardous waste constituents, then
filtration could be construed as "treatment," for which you have to
have various and sundry permits (EPA type).

Technically, its a simple process and materials are readily available.
Regulatorily, it can quickly turn into a nightmare, so research it very
thoroughly with your local reg agencies before embarking on the
adventure.

Jim Barnes, CHP
RSO
Rockwell International, Rocketdyne Division