Electron Capture Detectors

Mail*Link(r) SMTP               Electron Capture Detectors

Hello, all

In our lab (analytical chemistry) we are using the famous Electron Capture
Detectors with Ni-63. As radiation safety officer, and due to Dutch
regulation, I have to give instructions.
Does anyone of this group has good ideas for instructions, especially for
analytical chemists/technicians who refuse to replace their GC-column with
gloves on because they cannot do the job that way?
I myself have an idea to contaminate the top of the column with a fluorescent
dye and use detect with UV-light. (BTW I'm still looking for a good dye).
Thanks in advance
Peter Kootstra