Re: Part 20 revision

     It is highly unfortunate, but I have seen too many health physicists
     recently (power reactor HPs) promulgating reducing the use of TLDs,
     which have been proven over time, replacing them with electronic
     dosimetry, which has many limitations, all in the name of cost
     savings. This will also be the case with reduced training. It's
     another case of "pay me now or pay me later."

     This is another case of professionals shooting themselves in the foot,
     and will make all of us look like a bunch of idiots when these cases
     hit the media.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics

Even if NRC does not require dosimetry, or training, legal issues will be a
driving force for many of these program elements (but only if the HP points this
out to management for those in the smaller organizations).