Chem. Question: the sequel...

Hello again Radnetters;

You may recall my post a few weeks ago re: uranyl and thorium compounds.
Since
a) the response to these questions was so excellent,
b) my local 'resources' were not too resourceful, and
c) radsafe seems a bit quiet today
I thought I'd ask a few more questions.
This time, the topic is Atomic Absorption Standard Solutions.  As this may
be slightly off-topic for radsafe, please respond to me privately unless you
feel the info is pertinent to all.

In particular, the solutions are:

Indium - 1010 ug/ml in 1% HNO3 (100ml)
Gallium - 995 ug/ml in 1% HNO3  (100ml)

What are they for?
Who would use them (They're brand new and I'd rather find them a new home on
campus than dispose of them)?
Are they radioactive?

I appreciate any info sent my way,

thanks in advance,
Alan Enns
Radiation Safety Assistant,
Department of Health, Safety and Environment
University of British Columbia,
Canada.
aenns@unixg.ubc.ca