Re: Hot Spot Exemption

Linda,

The purpose of "Hot Spot" posting is to alert workers to the elevated
dose rate with respect to the general area dose rate. If you have a bunker
full of warheads you shouldn't have a bunker full of Hot Spots, you should
have an elevated general area dose rate (i.e. High Radiation Area). If,
on the other hand, you have a single warhead in a radiation area you
then have a Hot Spot.

I would not pursue an Article 113 exemption in this case.

Gary Masters
ALARA Program Coordinator
Rocky Flats Environmental Technology Site
gmasters@csn.net