mike coogen sends

Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at hq2ccgw
Date:    8/15/95 12:09 PM

I am in the process of reducing the number of film and ring badges our
office issues.  Currently we issue over 2,500/month.  A large chunk of the
monitored individuals use P-32, and receive considerably less thatn 10% of
their annual dose limits.

I would appreciate any input from those institutions that do not routinely
badge all P-32 users.  How do you decide which P-32 users receive a badge
and which do not?  We are attempting to develope a mCi*hr yearly threshold,
above which users must have film and ring badges.  It is not working out as
"cleanly" as we had hoped.

Thanks,

Jeanne McGuire
e-mail jmcguire@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu