Subject: Finger rings and P-32
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet-Mail
Date:    8/15/95 6:40 PM

Hi All,

I was just wondering, what is the efficiency of a (single element?)
finger ring for P-32 beta dosimetry?  What is the Min Dose measurable?

Also, the 10% limit for badging (10CFR20.1502) would be 5 rem/yr (skin and
extremities), 500 mrem/yr(whole body). Has anyone on radsafe had a PI or
worker get that much from using P-32 in a lab?

As a note, I noticed that processors are not required to have NAVLAP
certification for
extremity monitoring (10CFR 20.1501.c).

P-32 (roughly) has 1.7 MeV beta (E max), 0.69 MeV (E ave)

-Bruce Busby