Re: Ra-226 -> Ra-223

Wes,

I believe that an enterprising chemist might try separating Ac-227
directly from uranium mill tailings in order to make the Ra-223
generator.  Activating Radium certainly gets you there with a
smaller scale chemistry, but it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't
a lot of Ac-227 setting around at one or another national lab.
The Bi-212-Pb-212 generators used for the same purpose come from
Th-228 so separated from Th-232 and residing at Argonne.

Just a thought,

Dale
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu