Re: Fume Hoods in Rad Labs

On Fri, 18 Aug 1995, Denis J. Rinkacs Jr. wrote:

> Good morning all,
>
> I am becoming involved in the set up of my first lab here at CMU.  New
> professor is renovating spaces for his new lab.  The architect is
> inquiring about specs for the fume hood, primarily material of the
> surfaces and ductwork.  My thinking is sheet metal of the normal
> thickness for ductwork.  Seamless would be great, but I don't whether
> that is cost effective or not.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Denny
> CMU, RSO

What will be done in the fume hood?

Suggest you get a copy of the ACGIH manual on exhaust ventilation
design.

Regards,

*      Rich Oesterling, CHP     ogr@twinpeak.inel.gov          *
*     "What opinions?  I'm not permitted to have any."         *
*                Get Really Warped - Get Unix                  *