Re: ANSI N13.11; NVLAP; DOELAP

     George:

     I think what you are looking for is NVLAP Handbook 150-4. You can call
     (301) 975-4016 to obtain a copy.

Subject: ANSI N13.11; NVLAP; DOELAP
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet-Mail
Date:    8/18/95 8:23 AM

Hi, there,

The ANSI N13.11 (1993) - criteria for testing has been published for almost
2 years. One of the new features is the angular response testing at 0; 40;
60 degrees.  Although the basis for the recommended angular responses is
somewhat confusing, it is a big step in the right direction.  [see a paper
by Xu, Reece, and Poston " A Study of the Angular Dependence Problem in
Effective Dose Equivalent" Health Physics Journal, pp 214-224, Feburary 1995
].  At the Boston Meeting last month I heard the NVLAP (1995) is also out
(?).  I even heard rumor saying the NVLAP and DOELAP wouldl be combined.

I would like to know more about what is going on and how to get a copy of
the NVLAP (1995).  Thanks!

George Xu, PhD
RSO and Research Assistant Professor of Health Physics
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, NY 12180