Re: Tc-99m Dose

>A couple of the best references for patient doses from radiopharmaceuticals
>are ICRP 53 and ICRP 62.
>
>ICRP 62 lists the effective dose from Tc-99m-phosphates as 5.8E-03 mSv/MBq.
>For individual organ doses use ICRP 53.
>
>Richard Smart PhD
>Department of Nuclear Medicine
>St. George Hospital
>Kogarah, NSW 2217

Richard is right, I stand corrected.  The new tissue weighting factors from
ICRP 60 were not available when Publication 53 came out.  The data from 62
should be used for the effective dose coefficient.

Michael Williamson
Radiation Protection Adviser
Occupational Health and Safety Unit
University of Queensland
Brisbane 4072
Australia

ph +61 7 3365 4504
fax +61 7 3365 1577

 yes, that is an 8 digit phone  number.  We've just switched in this state.