Subject: mrad silicon
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at hq2ccgw
Date:    9/1/95 4:34 PM

Hi all.

In investigating the output of a 2.5 MeV flash X-ray machine, someone
expressed the output in terms of "mrads silicon". I'm not familiar with
that term. Could someone please explain it to me? Absorbed dose in
silicon? Important bec were calculating concrete shielding thickness?

Beam measurements were made with TLDs, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/106      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
Radiation Safety Officer        Internet: Don@LMSC.Lockheed.com
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space            Tel. (408) 742-0759
Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611