Re: Trilinear Chart of the Nuclides; You can make one!

From: FRAMEP@ORAU.GOV

>...In the 50's, Sullivan issued hexagonal stamps that could be stuck on the
>chart as a way to >update it. Boy, I'd love to have some of those.  Its a
truely >beautiful thing  and a shame that >its not being produced anymore.
For those >unfamiliar with it, the nuclides are displayed as hexagons rather
than as >squares as in the conventional chart.

A tip for anybody:  If there's a HOBBY SHOP in your locale that caters to
the simulation game crowd - of which role-playing games and wargames are
most notorious - you should drop by and see their selection of HEX PAPERS.
It's likely they stock, or can readily order, hexagon-based graph paper of
various gauges, as well as tabletop-sized "mapboards", in various color
schemes, with or without lamination.  They may even have sticky-backed hexes.

Of course, these are just raw materials with which you can make your own
chart, or expand one you've got, IF you're so inclined.  Don't ask the
goateed chap behind the counter about "nuclides", unless you enjoy getting
blank stares.

>Good luck and hold onto that 68 edition, I'd rather have it than the later
>version anyday.

May I ask - Because of the production values, or because the data are better?

Albert.

Albert Lee Vest           The Ohio State University
Health Physicist    Room 103 1314 Kinnear Road Bldg
(614)292-1284                     1314 Kinnear Road
avest@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu   Columbus OH 43212
My employer did not review or approve this message.