Re: Trilinear Chart of the Nuclides; You can make one! -Reply

>>> Albert Lee Vest <avest@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> 09/08/95 10:52am >>>

>A tip for anybody:  If there's a HOBBY SHOP in your locale that caters to the
>simulation game crowd - of which role-playing games and wargames are most
>notorious - you should drop by and see their selection of HEX PAPERS.
>It's likely they stock, or can readily order, hexagon-based graph paper of
>various gauges, as well as tabletop-sized "mapboards", in various color
>schemes, with or without lamination.  They may even have sticky-backed hexes.

>Of course, these are just raw materials with which you can make your own chart,
>or expand one you've got, IF you're so inclined.  Don't ask the goateed chap
>behind the counter about "nuclides", unless you enjoy getting blank stares.

>Good luck and hold onto that 68 edition, I'd rather have it than the later
>version anyday.

>May I ask - Because of the production values, or because the data are better?

Neither production or data, but for the hexagonal format with "columns" arranged
by atomic weight and a diagonal arrangement by atomic number (formal name).

I personally think it would be easier to use a computer to generate the
trilinear table than to use game pieces.  :)

Gene <jablonowski.eugene@epamail.epa.gov>