Free release of Volume and Bulk Waste

I've been tasked to develop a procedure to "free release" volume and bulk
waste for Los Alamos National Laboratory. Because of a DOE moritorium we are
currently unable to free release to any offsite sanitary landfill any waste
that is above "background" (no added radioactivity). Does anyone have or
know of any guidance documents, references, reg guides, etc. (DOE or any
other) or have themselves developed such a procedure? I would greatly
appreciate any help on this matter.
Patrick J. LaFrate
ESH-1 Health Physics Operations
Los Alamos National Laboratory