Re: Free release of Volume and Bulk Waste

Please explain the intent of the required procedure a little more fully...
Are you
simply trying to establish a procedure that will satisfy DOE and regulators that
no licensed material is in the waste, or are you attempting to find a way to
establish de minimis values that you could use as criteria for release to
unrestricted use???

The recommended approach to establshing your procedure to demonstrate
the absence of licensed material is fairly straighforward, but also depends
on whether you are regulated by the State of New Mexico as an Agreement
state, the NRC as a licensee, or simply governed by DOE orders.  Your situation
would dictate the approach that you need to take.  Post another note or reply
directly and I will offer what I can to help you out.