Re: Gamma Ray Dose Constants

My previous post may have been a little long winded.  If you plug
all photon emissions above 10 KeV into the equation in the RHH
you get the value in the table.  That standard has been retracted
and a new one issued.  The dose constant values calculated using
the old and new standards do not agree.  It is not a difference in
input photons.  I have a program on a computer that is temporarily
otherwise occupied that I can modify to print the values calculated
from the two formulas.  While I am at it, I'll calculate the I-125
value from the current standard for both the emissions above 10 KeV
and just the gamma.  I'll try to get that posted by eow today.

BTW the ansi standard is intended for use in shielding calculations
and was perhaps intentionally conservative.

Dale Boyce
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu