Re: Transuranic Source Disposal

 "Mcelrath Susan S." <MCELRATHS@rscpo1.wilm.ge.com>.

The best source I know for TRU Waste information must be the National TRU
Waste Program Office in Carlsbad, New Mexico.  The Head of that office is
Mark Matthews at (505) 234-7467.  Failing that, the head of the Carlsbad
Area Office of DOE is George Dials at (505) 234-7300.  I'm sure they can
direct you to the right place.      dy

>Does anyone know what the latest guidance is for "disposal" of transuranic
>sources (greater than class C)?
>
>Must the manufacturer or distributor take them back?
>
>Will DOE take them even if they weren't DOE-owned material?
>
>What if there are leaking sources involved? Is any entity obligated to take
>a leaking source?

"If you're going to walk all over me, the least you could do
is take off your shoes."     (Junior Wells)

David Yeamans
CST-7, MS E516, (505) 665-8832
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544