Re: ANS Listserver?

>On Tue, 26 Sep 1995, Charles Thomas wrote:
>
>> ANS has several list servers.  These are ANS-PIE, and ANS-BMD I am not sure
>> of the current status of a third one ANS-EC
>> To sign on send e-mail messaqge to listserv@nuke.westlab.com
>> message "subscribe ANS-XXX <your name>" don't use the quotation marks
>> replace XXX with PIE or BMD.  To subscribe to both send 2 subscribe messages.
>>

>My understanding is that these listservers are for work specific to certain
>committees and divisions within ANS.  BMD is the Biology and Medicine
>Division, PIE is the Public Information and Education Committee.
>
>EC - Electronic Communications, was the committee formed to coordinate the
>electronic communication for ANS in a way similiar to other professional
>societys such as ASME.  Unfortunatley, this did not work out as intended.
>Though I consider myself a very active member of ANS, this may explain
>why I was unaware of an official ANS web page.
>
>The orignal post on this thread was, I believe, looking for a listserv
>similiar to RADSAFE that exchanges ideas on general nuclear engineering
>topics.  Please correct me again if I am wrong, but I don't think it
>exists.
>
>Contritely,
>
>L. Bobek

The BMD list is not limited to BMD members.  It covers anything that is of
interest to BMD and as such does have interests in the same sort of things
that RADESAF is interested in.  For example the previous thread on the
linear, no threshold question.  If this is not what Jim Muckerheide intended
I would like to be corrected.  I know that many of Jim's messages show up in
BMD and RADSAF

Charles (Tommy) Thomas
Los Alamos National Laboratory
TSA-11 MS k557