Re[2]: Dosimeter Location

Please note that the badge factors mentioned were STRICTLY for
cardiac cath.  Using different procedures, different aprons,
different energies, etc.... invalidates the original data used to
support those factors.

The CRCPD and several states (obviously including Calif) have and are
looking at these studies to incorporate into their regulations.

Wes

> Date:          Fri, 29 Sep 95 13:05:55 -0500
> From:          "Patricia Edgerton" <HW1.PEDGERTO@HW1.CAHWNET.GOV>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       Re[2]: Dosimeter Location

> However, the State of California is accepting this method to calculate
> dose equivalents for cardiac cath docs, interventional radiologists and
> anyone else who wants to use it.  Part 20 allows people to take credit
> for protective devices, ie, respirators etc.  Therefore, we allow credits
> for lead aprons.  (The Q&A's for Part 20 also state that credit can be
> taken for the shielding provided by eyeglasses and/or safety glasses.
> See NUREG/cr-6204; question number 45.)

Wesley M. Dunn, C.H.P., Administrator      512-834-6688
Licensing Branch                           512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us