Septic Tank Sludge Information

We are attempting to gather information regarding the environmental
background levels that would be found in normal septic tank sludge.  We
are primarily interested in background due to NORM; however,
information regarding other background radionuclides would also be
helpful.  Can anyone give me information on any published results from
such a study, or does anyone have results that were gathered from their
facility.  Would prefer data from septic tanks rather than municipal sewer
systems but both might be helpful.

Arthur Shanks
ashank@envc.sandia.gov

Sandia National Labs