Research Human Use Users

The changes in Part 35 made last winter added "research" use to
most of the human use areas defined in this Part.  As a result
specific training requirments, survey requirements and testing
requiremnts now apply to low level human research using isotopes
like H-3 and C-14.  Our RSC is presently discussing the
implications of this and the meaning of requirement like the
linearity test as applied to a LSC counter that uses one type vial
and a specific activity and volume of solvent.  I'd appreciate any
insights some of you may have applied to these questions.

Thanks.

Dean W. Broga
Medical College of Virginia Campus
Virginia Commonwealth University