Re: Foot Pedals on Sinks

Over here in the UK we normally use elbow operated taps in the higher activity areas.  It's only the medics who seem
to like foot operated ones.  The advantage of elbow operated taps is that they can easily be hand operated and are
also easy to decontaminate. In the University world in the UK my experience suggests that they are almost always
hand operated and contimation almost never happens.  Of course in the big and nasty Nuclear World outside there
may be very significant reasons for better facilities.  I'd say to the individual wanting higher level safety features than I
think necessary "Produce a Risk Assessment showing a real need and I'll do something".

David Walland
RPO Univ of Bristol, UK