RE Dose to Public

I too, tried to respond to Mr. Marsh and failed.

I would just say that the reg reads "...FROM LICENSED OPERATIONS..."
I sought clarification and was told that it meant what it said.  So
machine produced radiaton does not need to be considered as it would
have to be for occupational limits.  I had heard of some putting
dosimeters in Radiology waiting rooms as well as Nuclear Medicine.

Disclaimer:  This is my opinion and has not been reviewed by anyone
else.

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver, vernig.peter@forum.va.gov
303-399-8020 x 2447