Re: ??? x-ray records

You wrote:

>From: dausley@companet.net
>
>I have been assigned the task of obtaining and record keeping of
>film-badges for the employees in our office. Any information or
>sources concerning the monitoring of x-ray radiation in the dental
>office would be appreciated. ie. source for film badges, where &
>when they should be read ect. Thanks for your help. Nanette M. Ausley
>
> Nanette M. Ausley
> Dental Office
> Dental Hygienist
> Athens, AL

Hi Nanette,

Call Landauer, Inc.  1-800-323-8830.

You will want an X-ray film badge; probably should change them out on a
monthly basis.  Landauer will be able to help you select the correct
badge type for your office.

Cost will probably be between $ 5-10 per badge.  They are NVLAP
certified, which your state regulators probably require.

There are several other vendors.  I suggest Landauer because they
handle a number of small scale accounts and are a recognized leader in
the dosimetry field.

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Rockwell International, Rocketdyne Division