Re: ???Disposal of Chemical Stocks

>This has been a common problem for many of the folks who my company (Ecology
>Services, Inc) services.  We have had some luck in disposing of various types
>of uranium & thorium compounds.  Depending on the types, quantities, and
>physical forms, some options may be: Barnwell (SC), EnviroCare (UT), DSSI
>(TN), NSSI (TX) or Hanford (WA).  A little research and a lot of red tape
>should get the job done.
>
>Call or email if you need assistance:
>Charles Watts
>CBWATTS@eworld.com
>800-932-7299

My only comment is that you will probably need *a lot of research*, if only
because you will need to understand what the contractor is doing!  You, the
waste generator/disposer and RSO, is responsible for all that is
transacted/done during and after disposal.  You sign off on it all!  Your
company still owns it, even if it is buried in a waste site.

Or at least this is my understanding.

Good luck

Carl

The standard disclaimers apply to the above!

Carl A. Peterson                          Schlumberger-Doll Research
  e-mail:Peterson@ridgefield.sdr.slb.com    Old Quarry Road
  Phone: (203)431-5272                      Ridgefield, CT  06877-4108
  Fax:   (203)438-3819