Toxilogical Limits for Soluble Uranium Intake

     I am forwarding this to RADSAFE as well as DOSE-NET since I thought it
     may have some relevance to the practice of general health physics.

     Dale Thomas

Subject: Toxilogical Limits for Soluble Uranium Intake
Author:  Dale Thomas at OE-PO
Date:    10/13/95 1:51 PM

     Does anybody in dose-net land have any information on the
     toxicological limits for chronic intake of soluble uranium through the
     ingestion pathway?  We have been asked to evaluate the risk to the
     public from consumption of water obtained through a ground water
     aquifer with elevated concentrations of uranium.  I have a pretty good
     feel for the radiological implications, but the nephrotoxicity issue
     is outside my normal boundaries.  Any good advice?

     Dale Thomas
     Health Physicist
     Bioenvironmental Engineering Division
     Occupational and Environmental Health Directorate
     Armstrong Laboratory
     Brooks AFB, TX 78235
     (210) 536-5816
     email: Dale.Thomas@guardian.brooks.af.mil