RE Dose to Public

You have to be a little careful about Part 20 and agreement states.  For
example, California wrote a blurb in our regs that includes radiation from x-ra
y machines when reading Part 20.  So, x-ray facilities in California must compl
y with Part 20 exposure limits along with the RAM users.

Trisha Edgerton - pedgerto@hw1.cahwnet.gov
Supervisor, N. Calif. Compliance Unit
California Radiologic Health Branch

*** Forwarding note from RADSAFE --HW1SMTP  10/06/95 09:19 ***
To: RADSAFE --HW1SMTP  RADSAFE

Subject: RE  Dose to Public

Sender's Nativename=radsafe@ROMULUS.EHS.UIUC.EDU

I too, tried to respond to Mr. Marsh and failed.

I would just say that the reg reads "...FROM LICENSED OPERATIONS..."
I sought clarification and was told that it meant what it said.  So
machine produced radiaton does not need to be considered as it would
have to be for occupational limits.  I had heard of some putting
dosimeters in Radiology waiting rooms as well as Nuclear Medicine.

Disclaimer:  This is my opinion and has not been reviewed by anyone
else.

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver, vernig.peter@forum.va.gov
303-399-8020 x 2447