Re: RE Dose to Public

     I for one am happy to see that California has bridged the gap from
     only requiring dosimetry compliance for RAM to x-ray facilities as
     well. I find the debate to be interesting as well. It is my opinion
     that we should look at the issue of whether or not we monitor an
     individual or an area based on what is "good health physics" and also
     "common sense" when considering the litigation environment we find
     ourselves in today. I believe it is more important to go "beyond" the
     regulatory requirements, within reason. In other words, meet the
     intent and not necessarily the letter of the law.

     While wearing a dosimeter may not save you anything, it may provide
     enough information that demonstrates that the "employee and public's"
     interests were being considered. That should mean a lot.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company
     Nuclear Division