Re: Standards of Professional Responsibi

This is an excellent subject for discussion.  I would hope that
any standard which is established would NOT obligate all health
physicists - certified or otherwise to report improper conduct.
I am not sure that it would be appropriate in my case or my
counterparts to carry out such an action as it might be viewed as
subversive or punitive in nature and contrary to the enforcement
policies which have been established by my agency.  Keep in mind
that in many cases of innappropriate conduct the regulators might
have considerably more knowledge regarding the situation than
other professionals in the immediate area.  I don't want to
choose between being an active member in the Health Physics
Society and having my current job.

Of course, my views are my own and do not reflect a formal agency
viewpoint.