Re: Good Morning America

At 17:57 10/17/95 -0500, you wrote:

>>> A blizzard of letters to the network that Good Morning America is a part
>>> of, and to advertisers (with a threat of boycott of their products if
>>> they don't make the program people tell the truth), and to newspapers
>>> would help. Who's willing to write?
>>>
>>> *** Reply to note of 10/17/95 14:55
>>>
>>> From: Charles Thomas
>>> To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE
>>>
>>> Subject: Good Morning America
>>> Did anyone catch the Good Morning America program this morning.
>
>This feels wrong somehow.
>
>A pressure group fight puts us in the arena with the yahoos, and we can't win
>because it's a weapon we don't know how to wield and we have a lot fewer
>soldiers.
>
>-dk

I also agree that this "feels wrong".  However, the numbers of folks that
are on this list server are HUGE and reasoned replies and comments on the
program will indeed make an impact.  I am not sure that threatening to
boycott advertised products is meaningful; BUT, the facts logically
presented might make a difference.

JERRY THOMAS

CAPT Jerry A. Thomas,  MSC, USN
Chief Radiological Physics
Department of Radiology/Nuclear Medicine
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD  20814-4799

E-mail:  thomas@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
Phone:   (301) 295-3246