Re: Good Morning America

I am sure that Good Morning America has a WWW address and an E-mail internet
address.  If not GMA then the network news services that GMA is a part of
does.  If you want to get the word out send them E-mail.  I would suggest
that the E-mail be carefully considered and thought be put into the words
prior to pressing return.

JERRY THOMAS

At 17:38 10/17/95 -0500, you wrote:

>A blizzard of letters to the network that Good Morning America is a part
>of, and to advertisers (with a threat of boycott of their products if
>they don't make the program people tell the truth), and to newspapers
>would help. Who's willing to write?
>
>*** Reply to note of 10/17/95 14:55
>
>From: Charles Thomas
>To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE
>
>Subject: Good Morning America
>Did anyone catch the Good Morning America program this morning.  Joan L.
>was, apparently, doing a promo for a special of hers (I think tonight) -
>part at Los Alamos.  Showed her with a Pu shape in a cladding.  She
>commented on the heat then came "one of the most hazardous substances known"
>and "a particle as small as the head of a pin inhaled will cause your
>death".  The quotes are not exact but close enough.  The death statement was
>the stating of an absolute fact.  All the discussions of the linear
>hypothesis we have been seeing really don't mean a thing until we get this
>kid of statement corrected.  A few words on Good Morning America repeated in
>more detail on a special program has more affect than tons of our words
>preaching to the choir.  How do you counter act this sort of thing?
>
>Charles (Tommy) Thomas
>Los Alamos National Laboratory
>TSA-11 MS k557
>Los Alamos, NM  87545
>505-665-1185
>chatho@lanl.gov

CAPT Jerry A. Thomas,  MSC, USN
Chief Radiological Physics
Department of Radiology/Nuclear Medicine
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD  20814-4799

E-mail:  thomas@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
Phone:   (301) 295-3246