Linear...,Media..., Deadly Pu..., etc.

It seems to me these issues are directly or indirectly related.  The general
area of pain seems to be the beliefs, whether factual or emotional, of the
public and regulatory agencies, and the ability of the media to intentially
foment fear and overreaction.
1) I doubt the media can be collared, but one can fight fire with fire.
2) Rational education is great for rational persons, but the general TV-
     watching public (and that includes you and me, folks) often reacts with
     emotion when challenged outside of one's own area of expertise.
3) As professionals in the field we certainly have a responsibility to ensure
     cost/benefit and health/safety decisions are the best for our country
     (Whichever one it is)
How about this:  Since, per arguments seen on this board, stringent
restriction of very low level exposures costs BIG buck$; and, Since our
current national needs are to reduce frivolous costs;  Why don't we enlist
the aid of a well known waste-attacking media person?  Although I am by no
means a fan of Rush Limbaugh, wouldn't this be up his alley?  Imagine:
"100's of Billions wasted on frivolous unneeded controls!"  Just a thought,
as there's got to be a way to tackle this problem.

John C. White, RSO
The University of Texas at Austin