A comment on our News Networks

Peter Vernig writes:

> I have been following the thread on the news program and "deadly"
> plutonium.  Those that think we should try to flood the networks with
> mail don't understand one basic thing.  They have no interest in
> accuracy or honesty!
>
> I will try to keep this short.  This is a true example.  The network
> was ABC or NBC, whichever one has Tom Brokaw.  It was one of a host
<snip>
Another short one: a nuclear foreign national ANS member met a local highly
recognized "investigative reporter" who the week before had done an outrageous
scenario of radwastes dumped at sea (with EPA-hyped photos of barrels with one
that _had (gasp) corroded and was open_!?)  He commented on the materials in
such barrels (mostly from radioisotope production), rad decay in 30-40 year
old barrels, leach/discharge rates, and the natural concentrations of U and Th
decay products in the ocean and sediments, and discharges from rivers, etc.,
and that she could/should do an informative follow-up story (since fishermen
and others could have unfounded fears, costs, etc.) and would provide brief
valid info/documentation. She said:  1. that doesn't grab the audience, and
2. if he wanted it, he should get his own show! And left!

Regards, Jim