Re: Reqeust for Kerala Control Data

>Regarding the lose dose debate.  Couldn't someone study airline pilots
>regarding
>their low exposure dose.  Records are available to determine how high they
>were
>for length of times etc.  I would think, and have thought for quite some time
>that they would be a perfect study group even though the group may not be
>exceedingly large it is low dose over a long period of time.
>
>John Remark
>JFRemark@interserv.com
The NCRP has an ad hoc committee on "Radiation Exposure and High Altitude
Flight" whose report is scheduled out this year.  I don't have an exact
date.  There have been some earlier studies which showed no relation
between flying and radiation health effects.  I remember there was one for
WWII pilots whose cockpits were"lit" with Ra-226 instrument dials, and I
believe nothing was reported on effects.  Stay tuned.