Re: Household radioactive materials?

>> Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 12:03:00 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: Travis Johnson <johnsotr@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
>> Subject: Household radioactive materials?
>>

>> I am going to be giving a presentation next week on radioactive materials
>> in the household.  Can people please give some examples of what can be found?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Travis Johnson
>> Student Oregon State University

The canonical example is Potassium Chloride.

Potassium Chloride is used as a salt substitute by people who need to restrict
Sodium consumption because of blood pressure or heart problems.  You eat it,
but one poster on this forum a couple of months ago commented that some barrels
of waste that included a Potassium salt was too radioactive for his waste
disposal company to accept.

-dk