Re: Household radioactive materials?

Dick King writes:

> The canonical example is Potassium Chloride.
>
> Potassium Chloride is used as a salt substitute by people who need to restrict
> Sodium consumption because of blood pressure or heart problems.  You eat it,
> but one poster on this forum a couple of months ago commented that some barrels
> of waste that included a Potassium salt was too radioactive for his waste
> disposal company to accept.
>
> -dk

Well, it seems totally consistent with BEIR and EPA to me?  Unfortunately, too
consistent with many of our rad safety responses to real problems also!  At
some point, a moral crisis must affect us even without the science: the
"linear model" is for $10s billions/year, for somebody, for no public benefit.

Thanks.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com